Cleaning & Washing
We offer a number of rug cleaning options, including:
Hand-wash: Suitable for antique rugs, heavily-soiled, stained, damaged, delicate rugs.
Machine-wash: Suitable for heavy-duty rugs, machine-made rugs, and lightly soiled rugs.
Dry-cleaning: Suitable for silk rugs, needlepoints, tapestries, and any soft, fragile rug.
Restorative care: Suitable for rugs with color run, dry-rot, smoke damage, as well as moldy rugs, rugs with mildew, rugs with water damage.
We specialize in cleaning any type of rug:
- shag rugs
- hooked rugs
1. Vacuum your rug or carpet once a week. If your rug has fringes, be careful when vacuuming the fringes.
2. Remove spills quickly by blotting the affected area with a damp towel. Do not drag the towel along the affected area, but simply tap the area. Then tap the area with a dry towel. Do not leave the rug wet as it may mildew and cause the rug to rot.
3. Avoid exposing the rug to direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time. Excessive exposure to sunlight may cause the colors to fade and may produce an unevenness in the colors of the rug. If the rug lies in the sun, rotate the rug every 4 months to enhance the life of the rug.
4. Any potential elements that may stain the rug, such as wine or pet urine, should be professionally cleaned out. Pet urine also requires a deodorization process to neutralize any odors.
5. Have your oriental rug professionally cleaned every 3 to 5 years. We recommend that you clean rugs used in any high traffic area every 1 to 2 years.
Care and Handling of Your Fine Rug
We know and love rugs, so we recommend a simple process to keep your oriental rugs healthy and beautiful! A professional cleaning for your handmade oriental rug revitalizes the look and feel to give it a longer and healthier life.
SOLOMON’S COLLECTION provides professional cleaning care for your carpet or handmade oriental rug. Just bring in or send your rug to our shop at 809 Hancock St. Quincy, MA 02170. Pickup and delivery services are available. Contact us for details: (617)-770-1900.
Please Note: We do not recommend that you only face-wash (run a wall-to-wall cleaning machine over) your oriental or area rug. This will cause the dirt to muddy up and push deeper into the rug. The dirt will then crack the rug as the mud dries into clay, causing the structure to break and dirt to resurface. We recommend only a professional full immersion wash when cleaning your oriental rug. Also, we do not carry rugs with silk bamboo since proper cleaning is not applicable to rugs made with bamboo silk. Cleaning of your oriental rug should be done at the proper specialized facilities.